February 14, 2022 - December 15, 2022
The innovation competition “CoInnovation GER x GHN Edition” is aimed at mixed teams of startups from Ghana and Germany. It emerged from a network project funded by the German Society for International Cooperation. The regional focus is on Kumasi and Tamale in Ghana and the state of North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany. The aim of the competition is to jointly develop innovative project approaches in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that make concrete contributions to the economic and social development (especially of the north) of Ghana.
Who can apply?
For the Innovation Competition, a distinction is made between two groups of applicants:
- 1. applicant tandem consisting of a German and Ghanaian start-up / SME: you already have contacts to Germany or Ghana and know exactly with which partner you want to implement a project.
- 2. single applicant: a German or Ghanaian start-up/SME wants to submit a project for innovation, but does not have a concrete partner from the other country at hand.
What will be funded?
The innovation competition is intended to fund projects that pursue the following goals/criteria:
- A cooperation between German and Ghanaian start-ups should be initiated, which creates synergies for both sides.
- Both companies are involved in the implementation of the project.
- The prize money is used exclusively for the implementation of the project.
- New innovation opportunities are initiated.
- The project contributes to the achievement of at least one or more SDGs.
- The project contributes to the economic and social development of Northern Ghana.
More information about the application (documents, deadline, application process) can be found here.